Thinking of having some professional head shots done for your LinkedIn profile, website or other professional marketing material? Here at Rhea Lewis Photography Studios, we have the experience and knowledge to create the most effective professional headshots for you. Planning on joining us soon for a headshot photo session? Here are some simple tips for you to follow.
- Make sure to look rested and feeling well.
- Wear your hair styled to your best look. Wait at least a week after a haircut and that no differently colored roots are showing.
- Be sure to shave before your photo – a 4 o’clock shadow is not always seen as professional.
- Apply makeup over a good moisturizer so your skin doesn’t appear to be dry. Also wear more makeup than usual due to lighting (we have professional makeup artists on hand to help with makeup!).
- Choose a neckline that matches your body type and the neck is not too low cut. Remember your look needs to maintain professionalism for the market you are going after!
- Choose clothing that projects the image you want to see. Stick with solid colors and avoid solid white or wild patterns or prints. Don’t wear shiny fabrics that reflect light.
- Be sure to take photos with your glasses on or off if you wear them.
- Keep jewelry simple to keep the focus on your face.
- Don’t look straight into the camera and be sure to turn to show the best profile of your face.
- Don’t forget to smile!
With these 10 tips, we can help you create a fun professional head shoot to help with your personal branding and give the right first impression of you! Contact us and schedule your head shots to begin the path of establishing the “You” Brand!